This website is the copyright of the National Institute of Fundamental Studies (NIFS). By accessing and using the Institute's website you agree to be bound by and comply with the applicable terms.
Content and copyright ownership
Copyright in each Institute website and content on those websites is owned by the Institute or its third party licensors. Some content on the Institute's website may also be subject to other intellectual property rights held by the Institute or a third party.
While we endeavour to ensure that all content published on the Institute's website is correct at the time of publishing:
- we make no warranty about the accuracy, completeness or reliability of that content;
- you must not rely on that content and should confirm the relevant information with the originating or authorising division, department or other body; and
- we are not responsible for the actions of third parties (including users of Institute websites).
Use of Institute websites and content
You may only use content on the Institute's website for non-commercial purposes. Unless otherwise indicated, you may save or print out a copy of that content for your own information, research or study, provided that you:
- do not modify the content from how it appears on the Institute's website; and
- include the copyright notice "Copyright © National Institute of Fundamental Studies Sri Lanka " on the copy.
You must not:
- use the Institute's website or content on another Institute's website for any purpose which is unlawful or does not comply with these or any other supplementary terms;
- exercise the copyright in the whole or any part of the Institute's website except as permitted by statute or with the Institute's prior consent;
- post any content on the Institute's website that infringes a third party’s intellectual property rights or is defamatory, abusive or obscene;
- use automated means to retrieve information from the Institute's website without our permission, for example, ‘scraping’;
- post or otherwise submit any software, code or routine that is harmful or interferes with the operation or activities of the Institute's website;
- decompile, disassemble, or reverse-engineer the software or services relating to the Institute's website;
- use the Institute's website or information on a Institute website for the purposes or generating ‘spam’, or submit ‘spam’ through the Institute's website; or
- do anything which would impose an unreasonably large or disproportionate load on the Institute’s networks or interfere with the Institute’s network security.
Links to third party websites
Where a link to a third party website appears on the Institute's website:
we do not endorse, recommend or support the linked website or any information, opinions, or goods and services made available on it;
- these terms will not apply to the linked website and you should review the terms applicable to the linked website before using it;
- we have no control over the information, content or activities of the linked website and your access to and use of the linked website is at your own risk; and
- we make no representations or warranties as to, and we are not responsible for, the accuracy or any other aspect of the information on the linked website.
Copyright problems and non-compliant content
Where NIFS determines that content or links on the NIFS website do not comply with its terms or applicable laws, we may immediately remove that content and block the relevant user’s access to that website without notice.
You can report a copyright problem or non-compliant content or links on the Institute's website by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org Please include your name, address, phone number and email address in the request, along with the relevant NIFS website address, a description of the problem, the copyright owner and (where applicable) your capacity to act on their behalf, and any supporting information that might be of assistance.