Abstract Submission Guidelines
National Conference on Multidisciplinary Research (NCMR) 2020
Postgraduate students and early career researchers who have completed a postgraduate degree after 1st July 2017, are invited to submit abstracts under the following themes;
- Biological Sciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Social Sciences
- All abstracts should be submitted in English via the online submission system no later than 15th July 2020. Abstracts sent by post, fax or email will not be accepted.
- Please note that the presenting author's contact details should be the same details as the submitting author so that the presenting author will receive all correspondence regarding the abstract status, presentation type, etc. via the email that is provided during the abstract submission.
- Abstracts will be selected for 5 min oral presentations or poster presentations and all presenters will receive a certificate of participation. Authors can choose the preferred category of presentation (if selected) during the abstract submission stage.
- Oral presentations will be pre-recorded and presenters will be asked to participate in a live Q&A session scheduled during the program.
- Posters of selected abstracts will be made available on the conference web page to be viewed by the participants.
- All accepted abstracts will be available in the conference proceedings published online.
- Authors may submit up to 3 abstracts. However, presenters that are accepted for oral presentation will be permitted to give only 1 oral presentation. Additional accepted abstracts will therefore be poster only.
- The abstract should be submitted as a MS word document (save file as last name_first name_NCMR2020). The abstract should include;
- Title: maximum 20 words, only first letter of first word should be UPPER CASE, except where it is a proper noun (font : Times new roman,14 pt, bold, center aligned)
- Authors: Authors names with initials and surnames, mention the corresponding author with an asterisk mark and underline the presenting author’s name. (font: Times new roman, 11 pt, center aligned)
- Author affiliations: If necessary author affiliations should be distinguished by superscript numbers (font: Times New Roman ,11 pt, center aligned)
- Email address of corresponding author: the e-mail address of the corresponding author should be given in a new line after the affiliations (font: Times new roman ,11 pt, center aligned)
- Body of the abstract: The abstract should not exceed 300 words and should be informative to cover background, objectives, methods, results and conclusion of the study. Do not include figures, graphs or citations within the abstract. Any submitted figures or graphs will not be published. (font: Times new roman, 12 pt, line spacing 1.5, justified)
- Keywords: Maximum of 5 keywords separated by semi-colons(;) which best describe your study (font: Times new roman, 11 pt, Italic, left aligned, lower case )
- Theme of the study: please select one theme from the following which best explains your study. Biological Sciences/ Chemical Sciences / Physical Sciences/ Social Sciences (font: Times new roman, 11pt, left aligned)
- Abstracts may not be edited/updated after final submission. Abstracts that do not conform to the guidelines will be rejected.
Please refer to the template provided. For more details contact us via email (email@example.com)