The National Institute of Fundamental Studies is consistently ranked among the leading Research Institutes in Sri Lanka. We are globally engaged, research-intensive and committed to respond to the major social, economic and environmental challenges of our time.
Job No : NIFS/Careers/2021/11/738
Work type : Permanent
Location : NIFS Headquarters, Kandy, Sri Lanka
Division/ Research Programmes :
Remuneration : HM 2-1-2016 – 93,020 – 12 x 2,700 – 125,420/-+ Approved Government Allowances
Advertised : 2021-11-21 (Sunday Observer)
Applications close on : 03.00 pm on
A Bachelor’s Degree in Management or Science and a postgraduate degree in Management or Science from a university recognized by the UGC.
Minimum of 18 years’ experience in managerial level after obtaining 1st degree out of which 03 years should be in Senior Managerial level in a Government Department, Corporation, Board or reputed mercantile establishment.
- Responsible for the general administration and day to day management of the institute.
- Be in charge of the personnel management functions of the institute including disciplinary matters.
- Responsible for the overall administrative and financial control of the substations coming under the purview of the Institute.
- Overall control of all aspects of infrastructure services and supplies.
- Direction and supervision of all work connected with local and foreign training of all categories of staff including the work connected with agreements and surety bonds.
- Coordinating all work connected with legal matters and representing the institute in Courts of Law/Laboure Tribunals where applicable.
Age Limit : Should not be less than 40 years and not more than 50 years.
Employees will contribute 10% of their salary to the NIFS Staff Provident Fund, while the Institute will contribute 15%. In addition, the Institute will contribute 3% of the salary to the ETF.
From a structured interview conducted by a panel appointed by the NIFS.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted online (preferred) or under registered cover (should mention the relevant post applied, on the left-hand corner of the envelope) with copies of certificates in support of age and qualifications.
Director National Institute of Fundamental Studies Hantana Road, Kandy Tel: 081-22 32 106 / 081-22 32 107